Methven & Associates Policies
Links to Our Site
We love links to our site! And you do not need to contact us for permission to link to our site if you observe the following rules:
- Link to our web site by including the plain text name Methven & Associates, the Business Law Site.
- Your links to our web site should not in any way suggest that we have any relationship or affiliation with you or that we endorse, sponsor, or recommend the information, products or services on your site.
- We reserve the right to order any site to delete or modify its link(s) to our web pages for any reason.
- Linking to Methven & Associates in no way obligates us to reciprocate the link.
- If you have a chance, please let us know if you link to our site. We'd like to consider your site for an outbound link!
- If you intend to review our site, we are especially interested in what you have to say. Email us with a link to your review after it is published.
Using Content From Our Site
If you plan on using content from our site, you may need permission to cite, link, or otherwise distribute the content. Use the following as a guideline to determine if you need permission prior to use:
If you are using the content for commercial purposes and/or the location of the content you plan to use is in a members only section or otherwise situated where the general public does not have access or must pay for access, you do not have permission to use our content. Commercial license to use our content is granted on a case-by-case basis and you must contact us for permission prior to use. If you are using the content for non-commercial purposes that is available freely to the general public, you may use our content.
When using our content you must observe the following rules:
- Do not incorporate any content from our web site into any other web site by any means including, but not limited to, inline frames, frames, images, div overlays, or not using proper copyright notices, so that it is not readily apparent that the content belongs to Methven & Associates.
- When citing a publication contained on our site, follow standard rules of citation including a link to our website as described above and the phrase "General information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice." You may place the phrase in a header or footer so long as its apparent the phrase references the citation from our website.
- Any content fully reproduced onto any other website must contain the following html either immediately before or after said content:
Methven & Associates<br>
2232 Sixth Street Berkeley, CA 94710-2219<br>
Phone: (510) 649-4019 Fax: (510) 649-4024<br>
Web site: <a href="http://www.methvenlaw.com/" title="Website for Methven and Associates, the Business Law Counselors">www.methvenlaw.com</a><br>
Copyright 1996-2007 Bruce E. Methven, All Rights Reserved.<br>
<i>The foregoing constitutes general information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice.</i>
- If you fully reproduce content from our website onto yours and it is not for commercial purposes, it is not necessary to notify us of your use of the content. However, notification is appreciated.
Links From Our Site
As our editorial content is made freely available to the Internet public, generally it is not our policy to provide links and/or content from our site to other sites that charge users for access or content. Please call if you wish to use our content for commercial purposes.
Methven & Associates uses "white hat" SEO strategies. We do not own, operate, or otherwise particiate in "link farms" or other traditionally "black hat" SEO schemes. When requesting an outbound link to your site, keep in mind we scan for and delete any requests which appear to be part of a black hat scheme.
We generally do not provide links to other law firm web sites. There are thousands of law firms out there, many of which are our competitors.
Any link provided on any Methven & Associates web page is provided for the use and convenience of the visitor. The appearance of a link on any Methven & Associates web page does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation or certification by Methven & Associates, nor should the presence of a link in any way be construed as a suggestion that the site has any relationship with Methven & Associates.